Thursday, May 26, 2011

30 Day Picture Challenge

30 Day Picture Challenge

On Facebook we had this thing going around called the 30 Day Picture Challenge. Normally I am not one to join in on such things but I went ahead and jumped on board. This is how it went:

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts

day 1

10 things you may not know about me:
1. I am very shy.
2. I am strong willed, which can be good and bad.
3. At one time in my life I wanted to be a lawyer.
4. I have a twin brother that was still born, whom I still miss dearly though I never knew him.
5. I was mean in high school to bluff people so they would not pick on me.
6. I wear my heart on my sleeve but act like I don't care.
7. I do not like to cry in front of people... ever.
8. I don't mind being different but dislike being an outcast because of it.
9. Blogging brought me out of my depression, better than meds ever did.
10. I think I would like it if I lived in a community of like minded believers, somewhat like the Amish

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.

day 2

I don't believe I have ever been able to just be "me" around anyone else... totally comfortable because I know he loves me unconditionally... I love you Stewart Husband!!!

Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.

day 3

NCIS (all seasons) my fav

Day 04 - A picture of your favorite memory.

day 4

My little completed family at the birth of Adam... Dad was taking the pic... finally we were all here :o)

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite night.

day 5

I have many favorite nights so I just picked the one from this year... Our Purim Party 2011

Day 06 - A picture of someone you’d love to trade places with for a day.

day 6

To sit and be taught by JESUS HIMself for a day would be AWESOME!! I have so many questions!

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.

day 7

My pictures and my blog... because they are my memories...

Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.

day 8

Any picture, my crazy family makes using the YouCam face distorter ROFL... HILARIOUS!!!!

Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.

day 9

My mommy! She has been there from day one (literally) thru good times and ruff times... my mom has been my biggest supporter for the longest... Stewart comes in second because he hasn't put in the years she has with me LOL

Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.

day 10

Well my family is who I do the most messed up stuff with!! This was our costumes back on 2003 (BC Before Christ in our life) when we did a big costume party, hay ride thing for Adam's B-day which is the day before Halloween so we merged the holidays ... yes folks that is Stewart in a dress and me in my "Bubba" outfit with our children...Aust a skeleton, Anna a genie, & Adam a bumblebee... LOL we were awesome!!!!

Day 11 - A picture of your celebrity crush.

day 11

I guess the last "celebrity crush" I had was a while back when Russell Crowe was Gladiator

Day 12 - A picture of someone you would stop a bullet for.

day 12

My children of course!

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.

day 13

The accapella group Maccabeats is my current fav..but they change often

Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.

day 14

I barely remember life before I had kids and I cant imagine life without them now...

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.

day 15

Last till I am a little old lady like my Granny Lou was and hold my grandbabies and great grandbabies. That is baby Adam with her.

Day 16 - A picture of your favorite book

day 16

Well I was going to put my Bible but that is so standard of a response so I decided to put my fav. fiction books Chronicles of the Kings series by Lynn Austin it is a fiction story about real event that happened in the Bible.. it was these books that made the Old Testament come to life for me .. VERY GOOD I highly recommend!!!

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life.

Beck (28)

In 2005 I went to have surgery to have a belly button hernia repaired, once the surgery was over and they got me to my room I found out I had a 20 lb tumor on my ovary causing the hernia and had to have a full hysterectomy, I was over weight so I just thought I was getting fatter, but no it was a tumor (non-cancerous by the grace of GOD). At that point I finally turned my life over to GOD. I realized no matter how much I thought I had it all under control that I had NO control over my body and the afflictions that may affect me. I stopped trying to run from GOD and embraced HIM fully. My life then changed dramatically, I have stumbled and fell while walking with GOD but NEVER let go of HIM since then. I had always been able to “turn loose” of GOD and go my own way and live worldly before that moment and now it seems impossible, no matter how much the world tugs at me or how hard the walk with GOD is, I can not turn loose (nor would I want to). I consider any time before July of 2005 my “BC” years, meaning Before Christ in my life… in this picture I had just got home from the hospital and little 2 year old Adam clung to me, poor baby must have been scared and missed me bad, he wouldn’t go play or anything for a while he just had to set or lay by mommy, all the pillows were to help protect me from little feet.

Day 18 - A picture of someone you wish you could spend more time with.

stew

I wish we had more "us" time... we get so caught up in our "roles" in life we forget how to just be Stewart and Becky, two people in love... we need to get away for a carefree weekend !!

   Day 19 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel

day 19

I have always wanted to visit Amish country… maybe stay a while and live among them for a season… peaceful simplicity

Day 20 - A picture of someone you’re told you look like.

Scrapbook

I was told once when I was younger, I looked like Tina Yothers from Family Ties …eehhhhh I ain’t sure I am seeing it??? Maybe just the hair?

Day 21 - A picture of someone who makes you laugh

100_9700_thumb
That silly grinning dog seems to always make me laugh...Kelev has such a personality!

Day 22 - A picture of yourself and a family member.

001

My Childhood Family... Mom, Dad, Barbie, Brenda & Me ( I am the cute short one ;o)

Day 23 - A picture of someone you can hang out with everyday

2010-05-24 boykin (70)

Stewart and my kids…we are always together… everything we do is as a family and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Day 24 - A picture of your favorite animal

imagesCAVU37WS

When I was a kid I watched the movie The Black Stallion… I fell in love with the idea of Arabian Horses with their flowing mane and pristine noses, elegant beauty

Day 25 - A picture of you when you were little

scan0003 (3)

Awww ain’t I cute…I was probably 4 in this pic.

Day 26 - A picture of you and the person who can always make you smile.

002

Again, it’s my family that makes me smile… at least one of them will do something everyday that makes me smile and praise GOD that they are who HE gave me to have and to love for all my life!

Day 27 - A picture of something you’re afraid of.

079 (6)imagesCAW8H5ND

Heights! I couldn’t even go with the kids up the sky tower in Hot Springs AR because I started to have a panic attack LOL yeah I am a wimp. Along with a fear of heights I have a fear of storms. Those are the two things that actually give me slight panic attacks.

Day 28 - A picture of what you wore today.

001

HA! no one said it had to be on me when I took the pic ;o) I wore my purple shirt and capris!!

Day 29 - A picture of a random item that you own

anna 002

My very cute froggy bird bath in my cactus bed!

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

2010-05-29 headstones (29)

My twin brother who was still born, he didn’t even have a name, he was just Baby Brother. I am not sure how you can miss someone you never knew, but I have my whole life. I think the loss of him is why I seem to feel more comfortable to have guy friends than girls as friends, my guys friends are substitute brothers for me. As a kid, I used to day dream how it would be like if he had lived too and often as a kid I prayed and talked to him in my prayers, especially when I was depressed and felt I had no one to turn to. I miss you my Brother, and one day, we will finally be together, in Heaven …till then… I still cry for you :*(

No comments:

Post a Comment