Monday, March 14, 2011

You Might be a Redneck…

You Might be a Redneck…

March 14, 2011

If anyone ever wondered if my family were rednecks, this might clear up the confusion.

My husband, who used to own a wood shop, is no mechanic, that is no secret. What is questionable is what happens when you have a woodworker who needs to fix his farm equipment?

 100_0592

My wonderful husband took some scrap pieces of wood and screwed them together when the handle on his tiller broke, to stabilize it.

100_0594

Back view.

100_0593

Side View

 

You may ask, “Does he really use it like this?”

100_0093

Yep!

And if you thought this was a one time thing that he did, think again.

 100_0596

On the wheelbarrow, my husband got sick of airing up the tires and replacing them when they go flat or broke off under huge loads of dirt, so he just made his own wheel.

100_0597

Yep, folks he made them out of wood!

He is just trying to save money with the economy so bad right?

He has even corrupted the children.

 100_0598

The leaf rake’s handle broke, and my son fixed it “like daddy would.”

 

100_0599

Yes, my friends, with a stick.

But wait, there is one more.

100_0600

This is his “old” wheelbarrow, stabilized with a 2X6 and handles replaced by the broken rake handle!

So, if you ask if we are redneck… to the core my friend, to the core.

I love my husband so very much, he is the best a girl could ask for, not to mention he keeps me laughing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment