Friday, March 18, 2011

Monterey Park

Monterey Park

March 7,2011

Monterey Park was one of the earliest memories of camping I have. It has changed so much in thirty years. Now it is pretty much just a boat ramp but back when I was little it had camping loops.

We decided to go for a walk to see what I could remember about it.

 

IMG_1731

This road was closed long ago so people would not camp down this loop anymore. I remember riding my bicycle down it with my sisters.

 

100_0140

 

We walked down the road until a dog barking made us decide we didn’t want to deal with a dog chasing us so we turned back.

 

IMG_1738

We spotted a buoy of some sort at the south end of the park, maybe it was to keep the boats out since the lake is so low.

 

100_0138

 

Austin spotted this tiny turtle shell as we was walking back to the boat ramp, it was a little larger than a quarter. Poor little thing was so young.

 

IMG_1743

 

It makes me sad to think of all the places I knew as a kid is no longer available for my children to enjoy.

 

IMG_1752

 

The water level on the lake is pretty low because there was no rain to speak of this winter. I fear a drought is coming.

 

IMG_1754

 

A single loon swims a little ways out from the boat ramp.

 

101_0328

 

We walk down one last loop that I remembered to have camped on long ago.

 

Memories of being a little girl camping with my daddy all came back. I remember that I was never afraid because I knew my daddy would protect me from danger. I knew no one would mess with us at night and no animals would come in camp without him knowing it. He always had a gun and I knew he would use it if he had to.

I miss being a child under the safety of my daddy’s protection but now as a woman I have the understanding of the protection of another Father in my life, my heavenly Father. HE needs no gun or weapon, HE watches over me day and night. HE knows what I need before I ask and HE knows what danger lies before me better than I know. It has been hard for me to trust in HIM but trusting in HIM is all I can do because there are so many things in this world I have no control over that scare me terribly, but I have learned to cling to GOD and HE will see me through.

 

Isa 41:10  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment