Monday, January 30, 2012

San Augustine Park

San Augustine Park

January 30, 2012

Hiking and geocaching, yes that is what we do in the cool months. So here we are again this time at San Augustine Park

and we had a picnic breakfast under the group shelter.

010 

I loved on my wonderful son. Really is had nothing to do with me freezing because it was brisk that day and I was without my jacket!

After a Subway breakfast we headed toward the hiking trail. And of course it is strategically positioned behind a play ground which the littles couldn't help but try out.

 

016

“Mom I am a baby!” Anna calls out being silly.

 

017

Monkey see, monkey do!!

 

 021

 

We hiked around the trail enjoying the sunshine and the cool weather. There was a geocache we was aiming to find but it was at the farthest point so we just enjoyed the hike until we got there.

 

038

Austin honed in on it before the littles had a chance.

 

042 
Adam didn’t care because he was happy to find a tree to climb!

046

“Look momma, a little mustache!”

 

064

We made it out to the lake shore. The water was low so the kids could walk the shore and explore a bit. Anna looks so “country” with her brother’s boots on!

069

Austin, ever being the scientist, investigated a skull of a gar (and yes brought it home in is back pack for further study)


082

Walking the bridge rails was fun and so was jumping off of them.

083 
Baby girl decided to jump off too… onto her daddy!


085
Adam caught a green anole! Poor little green guy was trying to show off his “money bag’ when low and behold a giant Adam captured him. “Greeny” was trying his best to look intimidating! Giant Adam was amused.

087 
“Aww, let him go Adam.” I coax. So little “Greeny” turned brown and laid as close to the branch as he could… I bet he was thinking, “I am a tree, I ammm a tree!”

088

 

Daddy and daughter sat quietly on the bench and looked at the lake for a bit. But it was time to move on along the trail.

 

094

As we were walking along the path something fluttered up from basically under my feet. Startled, I looked and it was a Pine Warbler! It was acting hurt so I went to catch it and it flew off. “Ahh”, I said, “ Feigning an injury to get us away from something.” Seemed a bit early for a nest but who knows. I was just happy to get a new bird for my birding list!

Today was a wonderful day with the family!

~~THE END~~

No comments:

Post a Comment