Saturday, November 5, 2011

Silly Times in Science

Silly Times in Science
October 20, 2011


Sometimes when I read lessons to the kids I make up funny voices... today I was a drill sergeant...

We are studying the bones in our Health/Science book “The Young Explorers Series Exploring Creation with the Human Body and Physiology”.

I shouted the question, " What is the difference between the first seven ribs and the last five ribs, RODENTS!"

006

(I was calling them maggots but “Corporal”Austin reminded me that the maggot is an invertebrate so the lesson would not apply, so I changed it to rodents)...

004

Adam tells me in his best “cadet” voice, "The first seven ribs are a different color, SIR!"

We all bust out laughing! 

001

In the diagram, they were green and the others we pink and purple to show the differences.
The answer I was looking for was that the first seven are “true” ribs because the costal cartilage attaches directly to the sternum. I suppose I can’t count Adam’s answer as wrong now can I ?


We have such a good time learning… never would change a thing!

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment