Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vine Bird nests

 

Vine Bird Nests

August 31, 2011

I was looking at some crafting sights the other day on Facebook and came across how to make decorative twine balls. Well I am big on needing something to be functional to even bother with it and on top of that we have a love for nature so we improvised and came up with making Vine Bird Nests.

 

001

 

First you drag the kids out of the pool… or at least I had too! Then you give them a balloon and some non-poisonous vines.  I was worried to death they would grab some poison ivy and start working with it! That would NOT have been good!

005

 

Stewart took and clipped some Muscadine vines for the kids to use to keep me from being a worry wart.

 

003

 

This is Anna’s “This stupid thing won't twist right!” face!

 

008

 

“Now, that’s better!”

 

014

 

After you put the vines around the balloon the way you want to then just pop the balloon and ta-dah

a bird nest looking bird house made from vines.

 

012

 

“A Hat!”

I have already told Anna when she gets married we are going with the whole “Robin Hood Prince of Thieves” wedding and decorating all natural!

 

marion

 

Yep, like this! She loves the idea!

 

 

015

 

Adam made sure he put a perch on his for the little bird to land on!

 

018

 

“Austin, it may not be the best idea to have it smelling like a cat! The birds sure won’t appreciate that!”

 

010

 

Naturally, if I was a bird I would want to live in something made from nature, it would just seem natural !

No comments:

Post a Comment