Friday, September 9, 2011

It’s Just a Picture

It’s Just a Picture

September 9,2011

 

You know I seem to get really excited about the tiniest things sometimes. For example today as I was cruising down Facebook reading my morning “news'” I spotted a picture I recognized right away.

 

264191_2135598786646_1146376461_32577706_7114317_n

 

I recognized it because I had taken it a couple months back and it made the local news and today it was used in a blog.

Many people may think “that is not that big of a deal, it’s just a picture” but for a person with low self esteem it is a huge deal. For someone (who was not kin to me and therefore not obligated) to see quality in something I did means the world to me. Some people may think I am trying to be a braggart or trying to self promote myself but truly it is not that at all.

 

All my life I have been shy, and pretty much a loner, never exposing anything that is personal; protecting that which is dearest to me from the outside so that I would avoid being hurt by the harshness of the world. In doing that, yes, I have protected those things I hold close (most of the time) but I also have limited myself greatly, by never allowing myself to have to deal with negativity there were few occasions to be encouraged. Basically that made me feel as if I never did anything of any value or worth.

 

Then something as simple as a picture gets noticed with no strings attached and no hidden motive I am over joyed. Honestly it was just a “right place at the right time” kind of picture… it is not that great and I didn’t even get out of the car to take it, but it was used because it was “right” for the story. I struggled for probably a half hour, with my inner “protective” self, to even post the picture on Lufkin Daily News’ Facebook page when they asked for their viewers to submit pictures of area fires.

Then when the lady messaged me privately, asking if she could use my picture in the paper, I was completely floored. She even said that the Houston Chronicle and The Sentinel might have been interested.

 

And sure enough it was in the next day’s Lufkin Daily News Paper! I don’t know if it ever went to The Chron or Sentinel because I can’t get those papers but this was exciting enough for me and of course I picked up a paper and framed it.

021

 

  It was also on KTRE’s Web page and then shared to a few other news sites like KLTV 7 , each time sharing my picture.

ktre my pic

 

 

 

I honestly believe GOD gave me this “photo op” to help draw me out of my shell. You see, GOD knows I have “self-esteem issues” and HE knows what it will take to fix those issues. I feel like HE made my picture stand out to the news people so that they would use it because HE knew I needed that little boost in confidence. HE made me feel worthy, and that I do have quality and value. HE gently pushed me out of my comfort zone to show me that yes, bad things can happen when I “put myself out there”, but good can come from it as well.

 

When you look at that picture you may think, “It’s just a picture,” but when I see my picture used (like in the blog today) or when I look at it hanging on my classroom wall, I remember GOD loved me enough to show me I am important and that the little things that matter to me also matter to HIM. Each time I see that picture, it is like GOD is telling me that HE loves me and values me and cares about the things I care about. HE wants me to know I am important to HIM!

 

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

 

1Peter 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment