Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010
November 25, 2010

"Faith makes things possible, not easy"

Thanksgiving most years are held at my house, mainly do to the size factor. Not that my house is big, just bigger than theirs. It always stresses me out because I have so much to do to get ready. I try to deep clean the house, paying special attention to the frig so we will have enough room for the left overs. I also like to decorate. My sister "BL" usually helps me clean and decorate.


This year my kids helped me. They did an awesome job. If not for their help, I would not have been able to pull it off.

"BL"s schedule was too busy, so it was left to me, and crazy me decided to go a little more elaborate than usually and brought out the "good dishes" instead of paper plates.
She did cook part of the meal, and my sister "BD" and my mom brought some desserts, but I swear I still was busy cooking for two days. Mainly due to the fact that my wonderful husband thinks I am super woman and kept adding to the menu. "Hunny, how 'bout cook a pot of dumplins.... Hey, we need cornbread if we are having dumplins..... can you whip up a cheese cake, well you should do two.... Oh, and can you make the chocolate pie thing you make....ohhhh I like the rolls that rise, how about do some of those..." So you see what would have been a easy menu of the basics: turkey, stuffing, peas, potatoes, broccoli and cheese casserole and brown and serve rolls; grew drastically by the time hubby was done.


These pictures are before all the food was finished and brought.

I also had to call everyone and get their "thankful" list.
Each year we put up my tree poster I bought for schooling and list all the things we are thankful for that year on the leaves. I use dry erase on the adults and permanent markers on the larger leaves for the kids, so they can have a keep sake. I like this tradition, but it is kinda crazy trying to remind everyone to get me their list so I can write it all on the tree in time for Thanksgiving day.


"BL" was a bit late because she had to go to her in-laws first, which kinda threw off my groove and things did not go as planned, kids (and grampa) was grumpy so I prayed and served them the dumplins while they waited for "BL" to arrive. So we didn't get to pray as a family, and we almost forgot to read the thankful things, but all in all it turned out a good Thanksgiving.



Everyone was fat and happy by the end of the meal. "BL" had to leave to go to the deer lease and Grampa was wanting to leave to watch his football game but the rest of us stayed and played the game "Apples to Apples" and laughed and joked and had a great time. We sat and talked about GOD and I told them how Historically speaking the first Thanksgiving was probably more of a Feast of Tabernacles from what my studies have told me.

This year I am thankful for (this is what my "leaves" said):
GOD's perfect will working in my life,
a loving and understanding husband,
obedient children with morals and values,
knowledge, wisdom, and understanding,
Stewart and my weight loss,
our nature walks,
my classroom/office,
and my animals.
I am thankful for my family and for my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment